Legislative Update –
What Happened in Frankfort?
The Kentucky General Assembly is quickly coming to a close, which means it is time for our annual Legislative Update. We’re pleased that Morgan McGarvey has generously agreed to come share with us his insights on the good, the bad, and the ugly of this year’s legislative session. Depending on schedules and committee meetings, he may be joined by others from our Jefferson County contingent.
Here’s a bullet list of topics to whet your appetite:
- What happened to tax reform? To gambling? To cigarette ban?
- Is the cannabis oil bill a harbinger of other legislation around marijuana or hemp?
- What’s the status on the state pension system?
- What’s the outlook for local-option sales tax? For the pipeline?
- And, as they say, much much more!
There’s nothing like hearing this update live — you get to watch the body language, share the insider’s viewpoint, and learn things you won’t read in the paper or the blogs. Join us Wednesday to learn what YOUR legislature has been up to this year!
Morgan McGarvey (and others)
Wednesday, April 9 — American Legion Hall — 2919 Bardstown Road
Doors open at 6:00 PM — program at 6:30 PM